Double Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf is a family favourite recipe perfect for fall. A moist chocolaty loaf is great for breakfast or dessert, freezes beautifully and is a must have for all your fall adventures.
This is a recipe I’m sure you’ll add to your fall recipe collection!
Double Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1.5 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup oil (canola/vegtable, your fav baking oil)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp optional secret add ins - kale powder/protein powder/collegen
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease two 9 x 5' loaf pan or I usually grab my glass 9 x 9 pan. (Let's be honest with four kids I double the recipe and use a large casserole dish.) Spray with nonstick cooking spray or coat with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips, don't overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan/s. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
This page contains affiliate links 😉 happy shopping. CH.